Presentations will take place at both the CSB and SJU campuses in various locations and at various times between 8:15 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Thursday, April 27. The time and location for your presentation will be assigned by your department or program.
- Student registration opens on February 27. Deadline to register is Arpil 7.
Register via the Abstract Portal.
- To register, you will be asked to supply the following:
- Your name (and the members of your group if applicable).
- Type of presentation (i.e., oral, poster, panel, performance, or virtual).
- A title for your project.
- Project Abstract/Description.
- Your abstract should be a brief summary of your project, containing key components of statement of the research question or purpose, background (if relevant), methodology, key findings, and conclusions.
- To see samples of abstracts, visit our Abstract Database.
- Consult with your faculty project advisor to ensure your abstract aligns with discipline standards.
- You will also be asked to provide the name and e-mail address for your project advisor.
- This is the person for whom or with whom you did this project.
- Click "Submit".
- Once submitted watch your email for either a message indicating your advisor accepted your abstract or an email asking for changes to your abstract. This process will continue until the advisor accepts your description.
General Presenter Expectations:
- The time and location for your presentation will be assigned by your department. If you need to change your time or location you must work through your department to make this change; requests submitted to CSB and SJU events or OURS will not be accepted.
- Presenters should arrive at least 15 minutes before their presentation time to register and ensure plenty of time for set-up.
- Presenters are asked to dress in business professional/casual attire.
Poster Session Presenter Expectations:
- Presenters should check-in at the registration table in the Gorecki upper atrium by 8 a.m.
- Foamcore Boards will be available to adhere your poster. If you already have your poster adhered to a foamcore board, please feel free to bring it as is!
- Clips, tacks, and tape will not be provided. It is up to you how you would like to secure your poster to the foamcore board.
- Presenters must stand at their poster for a minimum of one hour. The other 30 minutes can be spent visiting other posters. Posters are not to be taken down any earlier than 10 a.m.
- Presenters using posters should follow CSC Day Poster Guidelines:
- Recommended poster size is 30"X40".
- Glossy Finish, in color.
- Send a PDF of your poster to SJU duplicating for on-campus printing; cash or departmental budget numbers are accepted.
- Presenters should prepare a 3-5 minute elevator pitch about your research or creative work project to compliment your poster. Be prepared to engage with attendees as they ask you questions about your project.