Dr. Edward L. Henry (1921-2010), a 1943 Saint John's graduate, had a long and distinguished career in public service. Among other positions, Dr. Henry served as a professor of political science at Saint John's, its Vice President for Institutional Development, mayor of St. Cloud, president of Saint Mary's and Saint Michael's Colleges, and as the founder of the Center for the Study of Local Government at Saint John's. Dr. Henry was an advocate of small communities, Catholic education, and effective government.
This collection includes the papers of Dr. Henry that have been donated to the Archives by the Henry family. Included in the collection are his authored articles and public addresses, newspaper articles concerning his professional career, documents relating to his service in World War II, and various personal items. The SJU Archives have his papers from the early 1930's to the late 1990's.