Putting materials on Course Reserve
- Fill out a Reserve Request Form, which is available online. Reserve material is indexed in WorldCat by course name, instructor, department, and course prefix and number. This Information is taken directly from the Reserve Request Form, so the form should be filled out completely and in conformity with your class syllabi, reading lists, and class assignments. All Reserve materials will be given a four-hour loan period.
- Bring Reserve items to the Library Circulation desk at least 48 hours before they need to be available to your students.
- Reserve materials are protected by copyright laws. Consult the CSB/SJU Libraries' Copyright Policy. This resource can help you decide what needs copyright permission and how to obtain it. Keeping copyright law is the responsibility of the person placing items on Reserve.
- Interlibrary Loan materials should not be placed on Reserve.ILL materials are lent for the purpose of individual use only and may not be placed on reserve unless copyright permissions have been obtained.
- Tell your students when they can expect to find an item on Reserve and at which library. Or include a link to our “Finding Your Course Reserves” page on your Canvas page or in your syllabi.
- Remind students that they will need their student ID to check out Reserves.
- Removal:Reserve materials may be removed by the instructor at any time during the year. Otherwise Reserve materials will be removed by library staff at the end of each semester and summer Graduate School.
If you have any questions, please contact Bev Ehresmann at Alcuin Library (2120) or Kelly Groth at Clemens Library (5604).