Collaborative research is a key feature of our department. Students are encouraged to engage in collaborative research with faculty. This collaboration may include conducting independent research supervised by a faculty member or assisting a faculty member with his or her research. In keeping with the spirit of the colleges, the Psychology Department provides students with many additional experiential learning opportunities, including internships, service learning projects, teaching practicum, and independent learning projects.
Read our Mission Statement and Learning Goals
- New Neuroscience Minor
- Modern laboratory facilities
- Award-winning professors
- Flexible program allows students to select a broad range of courses and outside-of-classroom learning experiences in both experimental and applied psychology.
- Opportunities for independent research during the summer and the academic year.
- Psych graduates go on to doctoral and masters programs, law school, medical school, and other pre-professional programs.
- Our graduates are working at Target Corporation, Accenture, Best Buy Corporation, Abbot-Northwestern Hospital and IBM.
- Senior majors have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience serving as teaching instructors for the Introductory Psychology Labs.
- All College Thesis or Senior Thesis projects: available to all senior psych majors. Working closely with a faculty mentor, students develop and conduct their own research project.