Lab work is central to everything we do. If you decide to pursue a degree with us, you will spend valuable time in our labs. In addition to the required research project during your final year, our system will expose you to lab work with most of our faculty at some point during your studies.
Why Study Physics at CSB+SJU?
- Students get training in many areas of research because our faculty members specialize in cutting edge areas of physics.
- Students work closely with faculty in their senior-year thesis project.
The physics major features:
- An optional applied physics concentration which enables students to focus on such topics as electronics and optics.
- Courses in astrophysics, optics, relativity, scientific computer programming and space physics.
- High-end computer workstations for large numerical calculations and visualization problems.
Meet the ProfsFaculty
Summer Physics Opportunities, Tutor ScheduleStudent Resources
Life as a Physics MajorLearning Outcomes
Physics Majors After Graduation
College of Saint Benedict
Saint John’s University
Chair, Physics Department
SJU PEngl 107