Engineering Design Competition
Friday, November 4, 2022
The College of Saint Benedict and Saint John’s University will host high school science students (grades 10-12*) interested in applying their knowledge and ingenuity to design devices to accomplish prescribed tasks. Students will compete in teams of two (or individually if they choose) for the first two categories. The Impromptu Competition will require two to four participants per team.
Each participant may compete in one, two, or all three categories.
Participants must compete in at least one of the other two categories to be in the Impromptu Competition.
Each school will be limited to twenty or fewer student participants.
The projects will be completed in the participant’s school and brought to St. John’s for contest judging on the specified date. Check the pages of each design category for design parameters and testing conditions.
* If your school has mixed classes containing both Jr. & Sr. High students, it is OK to include both when you register.
- Teachers or advisors must register student teams.
- Registrations will be accepted from Sept. 15 through Oct. 20.
- Late registrations require approval from the Lab Manager.
- Email the list of students in each team and the competitions they will be participating in to Lynn Schultz, Lab Manager.
- Impromptu teams will be determined the day of the competition.
- Confirmations will be emailed after the registration is received.
Physics Department Lab Manager
SJU PENGL 139
Collegeville, MN 56321-3000
College of Saint Benedict
Saint John’s University
Chair, Physics Department
SJU PEngl 107