Nordic Skiing at Saint John's
Grooming Updates Ski Trail Map Trail Descriptions Support the Ski Trails!
Note that trails have been assigned a directional designation and most are one-way to help make skiing safer for all.
- Avenza App: a free app available on Android and Apple. Import our ski trail map into the app to easily keep track of where you are on the trails.
- Trail Descriptions, Parking, Trail Access
- Get gear from the OLC or CSB Campus Rec
Get current trail conditions by signing up for our email list.
- Old Saint Joe Road: not currently groomed
Walkers on the ski trails
While it is wonderful that people are out exercising in the woods of Saint John's we try to avoid having much foot traffic on the ski trail system.
- If you must walk on the groomed ski trails, please walk on the edge of the ski trail opposite the classical track (the parallel tracks packed on one side of the trail).
- The Boardwalk Loop, Logging Loop, the Chapel Trail, and the SE side of the Old Entrance Road are not groomed for skiing and are perfect for walking. View a Trail Map.
- The woods and trails are plentiful for sharing. Thanks for your help keeping the ski trails great for skiing!
Support the ski trails
The ski trails are part of Saint John's Abbey Arboretum. The land is owned by the monks of Saint John's Abbey and is generously shared with visitors.
- The ski trails are groomed for the benefit of the ski team, faculty, staff, students, members of the CSB and SJU communities, and Outdoor U members.
- We collect no trail fees. Join Saint John's Outdoor University as a member to support the ski trails.
- By joining Outdoor U you will receive all the information and benefits of every member and can freely use the trails. You will also be supporting the ski trails and the grooming we do. On the application please indicate that you are a skier.