is a determination made by a health care provider of a student’s or employee’s choosing.
Pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions
include (but are not limited to) pregnancy, childbirth, false pregnancy, termination of pregnancy, conditions arising in connection with pregnancy, and recovery from any of these conditions, in accordance with federal law.
includes treating a woman affected by pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition less favorably than similar individuals not so affected, and includes a failure to provide legally mandated leave or accommodations.
refers to the student who is or was pregnant. Although the pronoun “she” and “her” are used herein, this policy and its pregnancy-related protections apply to all pregnant persons regardless of gender identity or expression.
for the purposes of this policy are changes in the academic environment or typical operations that enable a pregnant student or student with a pregnancy-related condition to continue to pursue her studies and enjoy equal benefits of the University.
Reasonable accommodations may include, but are not limited to:
- accommodations requested by the pregnant student to protect the health and safety of the student and/or her pregnancy (such as allowing the student to maintain a safe distance from hazardous substances)
- modifications to the physical environment (such as accessible seating)
- mobility support
- extending deadlines and/or allowing the student to make up tests or assignments missed for pregnancy-related absences
- providing remote learning options
- excusing medically necessary absences
- granting leave
Any member of the CSB or SJU community may report a violation of the Title IX Policy to any supervisor, manager, or Title IX Officer. Supervisors and managers are responsible for promptly forwarding such reports to the Title IX office:
CSB Title IX Coordinator
37 S. College Ave.
Lower Lottie Hall, Office 32
Saint Joseph, MN 56374
To make a report to the Office of Civil Rights contact:
OCR Region Office for Minnesota
U.S. Department of Education
500 W. Madison Street, Suite 1427
Chicago, IL 60661