This page is maintained by CSB and SJU ’s Joint Faculty Senate Family-friendly Policies and Practices Committee (FFPPC). FFPPC advocates for our communities on issues ranging from parental leave, access to lactation spaces, childcare, elder care, and other dependent concerns, work/life balance, and beyond. We conduct periodic surveys, communicate and collaborate with Human Resources and staff and faculty committees, and engage in conversations with members of the CSB and SJU community to find ways to make our campuses more inclusive, accessible, and family friendly! See more info in the Faculty Handbook, section 126.96.36.199.2.
If you have questions or suggestions, please reach out to a member of the FFPPC:
- Joe Storlien, Committee Chair
- Emily Nordmann, HR Benefits Manager
- Elisheva Perelman, Senator (JFS)
- Trisa Schaeffer, Staff Representative
- Laura Sinville, Faculty Representative
- Julie Strelow, Senator (JFS)
- Diana Symons, Staff Representative
Family Needs Related to COVID-19:
Per Academic Affairs, "For the most up-to-date information regarding anything related to COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19 Resources page. There you can find links to forms, answers to questions, and the latest announcements." You might also want to review CDC guidelines (updated August 2022); OSHA requirements; or WHO advice.
- If you need a medical accommodation, please contact Human Resources for information.
- If you need a work adjustment, faculty can contact Dean of the Faculty Pam Bacon for work adjustment requests that do not involve a medical accommodation request. Staff members should contact their supervisors.
- Faculty and staff guidelines around childcare needs are on our Child Care and Tutoring page.
- Contact the FFPPC if you have additional questions and concerns regarding how best to care for yourself and your family members due to ongoing COVID-19 exposure risks or infections.