Classes at other Colleges
Students may complete out-of-residence courses and transfer them to Saint Benedict's and Saint John's.
- The college at which the coursework is completed must be accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting agency at the time of enrollment.
- Courses to be transferred must be similar to courses offered for credit at Saint Ben's and Saint John's.
- Courses to be transferred must receive a minimum grade of C.
- Before credit may be transferred, the Registrar's Office must receive an official final transcript directly from the college at which the courses were completed.
Credits received for these courses are translated into semester credits according to the appropriate translation formula. Grades earned for transferred coursework are not calculated into the student's cumulative GPA.
With advance approval, students may apply these courses towards common curriculum and/or major requirements.
|The College of Saint Benedict/Saint John’s University are currently implementing an innovative new general education curriculum; titled Integrations Curriculum. The new Integrations Curriculum will be in effect for new students beginning in the Fall of 2020. In the interim, we will evaluate transfer coursework for general credit transfer. However, since the details of the new curriculum are still under development, we will not be able to determine exactly which course will count for which requirement at this time. As those details are finalized, we will re-evaluate any new coursework and update articulation agreements. Thank you for your patience during this time of transition as we create an even better learning experience at CSB/SJU.|
- Common Curriculum - requires prior consultation with and approval of the Registrar's Office
- Major Requirements - requires prior consultation and approval of the department chair
When the transfer of these courses has been completed, the student should complete the appropriate request for academic substitution form.
How many credits can I transfer to CSB/SJU?
New First Year students
For new first year students entering Fall 2017 and after, at least 76 of the 124 credits required for a degree must be residential credits earned from the College of Saint Benedict or Saint John's University. Residential credits means credits earned at CSB/SJU or one of its sponsored or approved study abroad programs. At least half of the credits required for the major, excluding supporting courses, must be earned from Saint Benedict's or Saint John's.
For transfer students, at least 45 of the 124 credits required for a degree must be residential credits earned from the College of Saint Benedict or Saint John's University. Residential credits means credits earned at CSB/SJU or one of its sponsored or approved study abroad programs. At least half of the credits required for the major, excluding supporting courses, must be earned from Saint Benedict's or Saint John's.
See also Academic Catalog: General Requirements.
Colleges/universities outside of the U.S.
- Students who intend to transfer coursework from a foreign college or university must consult the Director of International Studies before beginning such study.
- You must have a professional transcript evaluation completed through World Education Services (WES, http://www.wes.org/) or a similar approved professional transcript evaluation service. The results must be sent to CSB/SJU for consideration.
Consult the Center for Global Education for further information.