Most pre-physician assistant students major in biology, psychology, exercise and health sciences or nutrition.
- Biology 101, 201
- Chemistry 125, 250, 255
- Some schools require Chemistry 203 (check with an advisor)
- Chemistry 201, 202, 205 (all taken for 1 credit)
- Some schools require Chemistry 251 (check with an advisor)
- Math 124
- Biology 307, 316, 317, 325, 326
- Psychology 111, 360, 381
- Colg 121 (Medical Terminology)
Sample academic 4-year plans:
- Pre-professional Pre-physician Assistant Program
- Pre-professional Pre-physician Assistant Program with Study Abroad
The courses listed here are not prerequisites for any of our pre-professional programs – but they all can serve to expand your understanding of health and health care.
Contact a pre-physician assistant advisor
Have a conversation about your questions, hopes, plans and objectives. We can help you start mapping a course to get you there.Faculty Advisors