Langlauf Nordic Ski Race
Sunday, January 20, 2019 | Saint John's University
Updated Race Conditions 1/17/19:
- Trails have been swept for sticks and debris and will be groomed for the race over the next few days.
- Snow conditions will be good, but icy and fast.
- Rock ski conditions - recommended due to fast/icy snow conditions, not because of any bare ground
- Note new course map with reduced distances on the Skate Route. The Classic Route is unchanged.
- A uniquely beautiful and challenging race through the hills and forest of the Abbey Arboretum.
- Race starts and ends on the Durenberger Intramural Fields of the University Athletic Complex at SJU.
- Registration, concessions and locker rooms/showers in the Palaestra.
- We provide full refunds in case of weather cancellation.
Read more about the race venue and facilities below.
Registration & Check-in: Palaestra
(building 15A on the SJU Campus Map)
Race starts and ends on the Durenberger Intramural Fields of the University Athletic Complex (11D on the Campus Map), skiing through the hills of the 2800-acre Abbey Arboretum.
Registration and Prices
Discount registration prices available until MIDNIGHT on January 17, 2019. NO REFUNDS after January 17, 2019 (full refunds given in case of cancellation due to weather or snow conditions).
- ANY enrolled college student from any college is eligible to compete in the Collegiate Races, regardless of their participation in a ski club/team on their campus.
- ANY college student is able to register for a citizen race if they prefer a shorter distance.
- Not an official high school race (no school uniforms, coaches, etc.). High school students will be part of the Citizen Races.
- $5 - Collegiate Racers
- Free - CSB/SJU Students
- $80 - All walk-ins (no discounts apply for day-of registrations)
If a coach or captain is registering the team and is not able to pay by credit card, contact Kyle Rauch (320-363-2136) to arrange another payment method.
Become a Saint John's Outdoor U Member and SAVE
- $5 - High School Student
- $15 - Outdoor U Members
- $25 - Non-members (through Jan 17)
- $80 - All walk-ins (no discounts apply for day-of registration)
- $10 off - Nordic Ski Club of Central MN members
- $5 off - City of Lakes Loppet 2019 participants
- FREE - CSB/SJU Students
2019 Race Map (PDF)
- Skate Ski 17K (Collegiate or Citizen)
- Skate Ski 6K (Citizen only)
Classic Route (three loops for 16K)
- Classic Ski 16K (Collegiate or Citizen)
- Classic Ski 7K (Citizen only)
*The shorter skate/classic races for citizens follow the same route as the longer races with only one lap on the loops in the Abbey Arboretum.
11:00 a.m. REGISTRATION (Warner Palaestra)
12:30 - 1:00 p.m. RACES START (more information to come)
3:00 p.m.* AWARDS CEREMONY (Warner Palaestra)
*or when all racers have finished
Saint John's Abbey Arboretum is more than 2,500 acres of lakes, prairie, oak savanna and forest owned by Saint John's Abbey and surrounding Saint John's University. Approximately 20K of trails are groomed for both skate and classic skiing during a typical season. Learn more about the ski trails.
Donald McNeely Spectrum is an indoor fieldhouse within the Warner Palaestra athletic facility. Registration/check-in and the awards ceremony will take place in the spectrum. The indoor space will also be available for families and spectators to warm up, let the kids run around and enjoy concessions available for purchase that day. The spectrum has direct access to the football field, making it easy for racers and spectators alike.