Thank you for your patience during this construction season! If you have any questions along the way, please call our office at 320-363-3163 and we will assist you (weekdays, 8-4:30).
Summer 2019 Detour:
MNDOT is re-decking and improving the bridge over I-94 at the Saint John's exit. Alternate routes are necessary to get to Saint John's campus.
From I-94 - Detour Map
- Westbound traffic (from St. Cloud, Twin Cities, etc.) should continue on I-94 past Saint John's to the Avon exit #153. Turn left on County Rd 9 in Avon and head east on I-94 back to the Saint John's exit. Alternatively, continue past the I-94 eastbound ramp and turn left on County Rd 50. Turn right on County Rd 159 and continue to Saint John's campus. Additional alternate route: exit I-94 at St. Joseph exit #160. Turn left on County Rd 2, take an immediate right on County Rd 51 and follow the directions below for "From Saint Joseph."
- Eastbound traffic (from Fargo, Alexandria, etc.) should continue on I-94 to the Saint John's exit and turn right on County Rd 159 to enter Saint John's. If MNDOT has to close the eastbound exit to SJU during construction, take Avon exit #153. Turn right on County Rd 9 and take the first left on County Rd 50. Turn right on County Rd 159 and continue to Saint John's campus.
From Saint Joseph, via County Rd 51 - Map
- Take Minnesota Street west out of Saint Joseph to County Road 2. Turn left.
- Continue under the I-94 overpass and take an immediate right on County Rd 51.
- Continue approx. 3 miles and turn right on County Road 159. Continue to Saint John's campus.
To get to the Outdoor U offices
- From any direction, continue on County Rd 159 to the 4-way stop.
- From I-94: turn left on Prep School Rd; From CR 51/159: continue straight on Prep School Rd
- Continue for 1/4 mile until the brown sign for Science Lot 1 & 2. Turn right, continue to the bottom of the hill into Science Lot 1. The New Science Center is the building on your left as you enter the parking lot.
- Enter the building and follow the signs beginning at the pendulum to locate our offices.
Temporary Office Location (summer 2019):
Our main office and most of our staff are located in Peter Engel Science Center 121. Follow the driving directions above to get to the New Science Center. Signs are posted in the building to direct you to our office space. John Geissler, Outdoor U director, is still located in New Science 108 until the end of the summer.
*Note: All Outdoor U staff and the environmental studies department will be permanently located on the 2nd floor of the Peter Engel Science Center after building renovations are completed, beginning in August 2019.*