The McCarthy Center believes in the importance of experiential learning as a way to engage students in the many layers of the policy making process. Study tours bring students face-to-face with key players and organizations working on current policy issues like green urban planning, immigration, and rural development. If you have an idea for a future study tour (especially something local), please contact Stacy Penk at firstname.lastname@example.org with your idea.
Led by CSB/SJU professors Matt Lindstrom (political science) and Bob Bell (accounting and finance)
We invite you to join us on this five day trip to New York City. You will increase your awareness of financial markets, global media and politics through visits to live broadcasts of radio and TV shows as well as seminars with practitioners and professionals in media, finance, and politics. Through a series of tours, seminars, site visits and a reception with CSB/SJU graduates, participants on the 2015 May NYC Study Tour will get a true behind-the-scenes understanding of both New York City and the global actors that shape the world.
Anticipated site visits and meetings include:
- Visits to NBC Studios, Sirius XM, United Nations, and Huffington Post
- Federal Reserve Bank and the floor of the Wall Street Stock Exchange
- A visit with an Ambassador to the U.N.
- A special feature of the 2015 trip will be an on-site live interview on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" featuring professor Bob Bell.
- $1200 per person
- Includes airfare from Minneapolis-St. Paul to NYC, hotel suite for the duration of the trip, 2 meals per day, and local transportation
Application must include:
- Cover Letter- explain why you are interested in this trip and in what way you think this trip will benefit you
- Resume - one page outlining your work and extra-curricular involvement
- Two Reference Contacts (no letters required)
Application Due Wednesday, February 18, 2015. Email your application materials to Stacy Penk, email@example.com, Coordinator of the McCarthy Center.