The College of Saint Benedict and Saint John’s University provide students an education grounded in two key traditions: the Catholic Intellectual Tradition as guided by the Benedictine principles of the colleges’ founders and the liberal arts and sciences tradition of broad, multi-disciplinary inquiry.
Based on these traditions, we built a new model of general education that has students use these values to study a complex, dynamic and diverse world. The Integrations Curriculum challenges students to integrate every aspect of their learning — to see relationships among the arts, the sciences and the humanities. The Integrations Curriculum begins in Fall 2020 for the CSB/SJU Classes of 2024.
Our graduates learn to make connections across their studies, their lives, and their communities, and in so doing, learn how to use numerous methods and perspectives to work toward the common good.
- Read the Integrations Curriculum
- Read a 10-page overview of the Curriculum
- View a short video of the Curriculum
- View a short video about the themes and ways of thinking
- View a short video about the new engagement requirements
- View a short video about how the new curriculum will intersect with study abroad