College Success at CSB/SJU Course
College Success at CSB/SJU is a 1 credit course for first year students taken during the first semester. The purpose of the course is to help new students make a successful transition to CSB/SJU. This course aims to foster a sense of belonging, promote engagement in curricular and co-curricular campus life, articulation expectations of students, and help students continue to clarify their purpose, meaning and direction in their professional and personal lives.
This course addresses the following FYX Learning Outcomes:
- Developing a Meaningful Life Purpose
- Personal Well-Being
- Academic and Professional Skill Development
- Understanding the Goals of a Liberal Arts and Sciences Education
Highlights of this course include:
- Small class size of 20-24 students, designed to promote sense of community.
- Instructors representing faculty and staff from across campus in a variety of departments, offices, and programs.
- Every section has a Peer Mentor that is a junior or senior student that provides personalized guidance and mentorship!
- Engaging course content including hands on activities inside and outside of the classroom.
- Opportunities to make personal connections with resources on campus, such as special in-class presentations from experts in the Office of Experience and Professional Development (XPD) and International and Intercultural Student Services (IISS).