To prepare undergraduate students to become ethical, evidence-based, and client-centered exercise and health professionals equipped with the knowledge, skills, and values to enhance the health of individuals and society through physical activity, exercise, and sport.
Exercise and Health Science
A student that graduates from CSB/SJU with a major degree in Exercise and Health Science will…
- use clear, accurate, and evidence-based reasoning to evaluate and choose among alternatives to make decisions or solve problems in exercise and health science.
- communicate effectively by presenting information in oral and written formats.
- create reasoned ethical decisions around issues important to exercise and health.
- display client-centered empathy in communicating about exercise and health.
- consistently display professionalism in academics and the exercise and health fields.
Exercise Science and Sport Studies
A student that graduates from CSB/SJU with a minor degree in Exercise Science and Sport Studies will...
- demonstrate the ability to effectively engage in scholarly inquiry and analysis in the area of Exercise Science and Sports Studies.
- demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate information through disciplinary writing.
- demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate disciplinary information through oral communication.
- demonstrate ability to make ethically reasoned decisions relative to sport and exercise science.
- be academically prepared for graduate study in exercise related fields and/or prepared to function competently in the fields of exercise and sport.
College of Saint Benedict
Saint John’s University
Chair, Exercise Science & Sport Studies
CSB HAB 10A