Communication is a vital part of the human experience, and learning how to convey ideas through visuals, speech, text, and graphics prepares you for a variety of roles in the business world. A degree in communications helps you understand and navigate a world that has become so noisy and full of information. Our program will give you the skills employers say they value most and the strategic thinking essential for using them well.
Why Study Communication at CSB+SJU?
Our communication degree supplies you with…
- the in-demand skills essential for your career.
- strategic thinking for the dynamic communication landscape.
- versatility to prepare you for a career filled with leaps and pivots.
- A range of classes that explores all aspects of communication.
- The flexibility to tailor your courses to fit your talents, interests and goals.
- Service-learning classes that let you put your communication skills into action.
- Internship opportunities and chances for out-of-the-classroom learning.
- Experienced faculty who get to know you – who will mentor you, advise you and help guide your research.
Meet the ProfsFaculty
Hands-on LearningStudent Resources
Life as a Communication MajorLearning Outcomes
Congratulations to our Communication majors recently chosen for
2023 Summer Leadership Fellows!
John Brandl Scholar
Fleischhacker Center for Ethical Leadership in Action
Marie & Robert Jackson Fellows
Why Choose the Communication Major
Communication & Marketing Fair
2-5 p.m., Wednesday, March 22
Quad 170 and 264, SJU
Come meet with employers from a variety of industries! All majors and class years invited!
American Advertising Federation, Anderson Trucking, CentraCare, Enterprise Holdings, JustiFi, Leighton Broadcasting, Little Pepper Promotions, MN Twins, Preferred Credit, St. Cloud Rox, Target and more!
College of Saint Benedict
Saint John’s University
Kelly Berg, Ph.D.
Chair, Communication Department
SJU Quad 440
SJU Quad 451