The biochemistry major combines the strengths of both our chemistry and biology faculty. This gives our students the opportunity to do the kind of original research that will get them prepared for their future-either in graduate school, medical school or in the job market.
- Hear from one of our graduates: Charlie Swanson '11
- Hear from Hieu Van, and her summer internship-Cancer Research Summer Fellow, University of CO Cancer Center, Summer 2014
- Thomas O’Toole’s ('17) wide-ranging Saint John’s story follows wildly unlikely path!
- Sarah Clark ('17) on studying biochemistry/chemistry
Overview of Program
- Consists of 46 credits in biology and chemistry
- Includes 5 chemistry courses, 5 biology courses and 4 credit of biochemistry electives.
- The 46 credit course rquirement also includes a 2 credit capstone.
- 16 credits of supporting math and physics are also required.
- Many students also have a minor.
- Approximately half of the biochemistry majors study abroad.
- Course requirements strongly align with many pre-health prerequisites.