Host Organizations and Site Supervisors
An Internship is a Partnership
- Between the faculty moderator, site supervisor and the student intern.
- An internship for credit is a structured, supervised experience that combines academic learning and career exploration in a professional work environment.
- Students gain hands-on experience, learn new skills, explore a profession, apply and test theories and methods learned in the classroom, and develop a working knowledge of the organization's structure and operations.
Benefits to your Organization
- Access to students with special skills and knowledge.
- The opportunity to train new professional in your field and develop a pool of potential employees.
- Assistance with special projects or a fresh perspective for on-going projects.
- An opportunity to develop supervisory skills for your current staff.
- A mutually beneficial partnership between your organization and CSB/SJU.
- A walking billboard for your organization! When interns have a positive learning experience, they are enthusiastic spokespersons for the host organization.
The Role of the XPD - Experience & Professional Development Staff
The XPD staff acts as a liaison between the student, college faculty, and the organization providing the internship experience. This involves monitoring the intern's progress, providing information, and receiving feedback from you!