Theater Department Mission
As a group of dynamic artists and educators, the Theater Department ignites creative, collaborative theatrical experiences which, when integrated with thoughtful coursework, inspire leadership, embrace difference, and train students to face the future with courage.
Student Learning Goals
- Students will demonstrate they understand the relationship between the elements of theater production (acting, design, “script”, directing and theory) and the audience in the creation of live theater.
- Students will demonstrate they are able to work collaboratively as a member of a production team while moving between the roles of leader, supervisor, and co-creator.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the major ideas in a dramatic text and successfully create a production concept for a specific play.
- Students independently research relevant literary and visual sources and use them to develop an interpretation of a text or to create a theatrical element.
- Students will demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of theater as a social and ethical force.