Each year, up to 13 CSB rising sophomore women have the opportunity to apply to become a part of Hynes Scholars, a yearlong cohort based program that explores gender and leadership. This cohort will engage in personal exploration and reflection, scholarship and dialogue concerning the topics of gender and leadership, social justice, self-awareness and self-actualization as well as the opportunities and challenges of being women in today's society. At the end of this experience students should leave with a clear vision about how they wish to shape their own life experience and claim their own gender identity.
Through personal and group experiences Hynes Scholars will:
- Explore how gender influences leadership
- Explore and develop strategies to create positive social change
- Explore the effects of social expectations that influence women's roles, experiences and opportunities
- Develop an understanding of self as a leader that explore multiple dimensions of identity
- Opportunity to engage in challenging and impactful education and discussions about gender and leadership within a small community of sophomore CSB women
- Opportunities to attend professional development experiences including conferences at a reduced rate
- Mentorship opportunities with Hynes Scholars Alumnae
Connections with campus resources, staff, administration, and faculty
Contact the Institute for Women's Leadership
Institute for Women's Leadership
Murray Hall 151
College of Saint Benedict
37 S. College Ave.
St. Joseph, MN 56374