Each year, first-year CSB students have the opportunity to apply to become a part of Hynes Scholars, a yearlong cohort-based program that explores gender and leadership. This cohort commits to personal exploration and reflection, scholarship, and dialogue on topics of gender, leadership, social justice, and identity.
The Hynes Scholars is a meaningful opportunity to learn, grow, be challenged, and build lasting relationships with peers. At the end of this unique experience, the Hynes leave with a clear vision about how they wish to shape the world around them and continue to grow the skills they have learned within the cohort.
Through personal and group experiences Hynes Scholars will:
- Explore how gender influences leadership, experiences and opportunities
- Learn and develop strategies to create positive social change
- Create a Scholarship & Creativity Day project that examines the influence of gender
- Participate in a feminist book club with a small group of peers
- Learn tools to imagine a world that includes all women as local and global leaders
- Develop an understanding of self as a leader through an intersectional lens
- Opportunities to engage in challenging and impactful education and discussions about gender and leadership within an intentional community of sophomore CSB students
- Professional development opportunities, including attending professional development conferences at a reduced rate
- Mentorship opportunities with Hynes Scholars Alumnae
- Cultivate relationships with peers, community members, staff, and faculty