Our mission is to deepen the level of global engagement and to enhance the global educational experience of every CSB+SJU student, staff, faculty, and community member.
Study Abroad in Numbers
- Before graduating, 43% of students who graduated in 2021 studied abroad at some point during their four years at CSB and SJU
- Ranked #7 in the nation among undergraduate colleges for the number of students who participate in semester-long study abroad programs.
- According to IIE Open Doors ranked No. 10 in the nation among undergraduate college for the total number of students who studied abroad during the 2019-20 school year.
- CSB has produced 79 Gilman International Scholarship winner over the past 20 years to rank #9 among small colleges.
- CSB+SJU received the Senator Paul Simon Award in 2012 for comprehensive internationalization - one of only a few liberal arts schools to claim this distinction. The award recognizes schools who demonstrate excellence in integrating an international and global perspective into all aspects of college life.
Study Abroad Opportunities
- 15 semester study abroad programs, including our signature 10 faculty-led programs.
- 10-15 short-term international program options each year, including credit-bearing study abroad, internships and volunteer programs.
- 4 semester programs require or offer an internship option and CGE offers 2 summer international internship program oportunities.
- Learn what Bennies and Johnnies say about their experiences abroad.
- Each year, CSB+SJU welcomes Semester or Year Long International Exchange students from our global partners.
- Throughout the year, the Center for Global Education welcomes over students from our global partners to our campus on a short term basis.
- A variety of on-campus courses are offered throughout the year incorporate an international component.
- A third of our professors have led a study abroad program.