Exercise Science and Sport Studies
The Exercise Science and Sport Studies curriculum provides students the opportunity to explore the topics related to exercise, sport, and physical health from a variety of perspectives.
- The science of exercise and sport
- Coaching education
- Research in exercise science
- Common Curriculum designated courses
Graduates of the Exercise Science and Sport Studies program continue their education in graduate school and/or go on to work in a variety of health, fitness, or sport fields. Meet our graduates.
- Small classes and labs give you plenty of faculty interaction throughout your degree program.
- Many opportunities for independent research. See Undergraduate Research.
- Excellent laboratory facilities and equipment. See the facilities.
- Student Employment opportunities a laboratory assistant, sports medicine assistant, personal trainer, or strength and conditioning assistant.
Students win awards and cash for undergrad research at the Northland Chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine Spring Tutorial
Matthew Burgstahler placed second and earned $350, and Madeline Bremel placed fourth and earned $150 for their research. Both students made poster presentations of their senior capstone work at the event April 6 at St. Catherine University in St. Paul. Read the full story.