Exercise Science and Sport Studies
Introducing the Exercise and Health Science major!
Exercise and physical activity play an important role in the quality of life of individuals, including enhancing human performance and decreasing the risk of disease and injury. The relationship between physical activity and health is at the core of the Exercise Science and Sport Studies Department mission and the Exercise and Health Science major/minor curriculum.
- Sample 4 Year Degree Plans:
- Coaching Education
Meet Our Students
Students in the Exercise Science and Sport Studies program set themselves up for future success. Graduates go on to continue their education in grad school and/or work in a variety of health, fitness and sports fields.
Childhood cancer patient giving back to medicine
SJU senior John Colleran is a summer intern in the musculoskeletal research center at the Children’s Hospital of Colorado, located on the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora, Colorado.
- Small classes and labs give you plenty of faculty interaction throughout your degree program.
- Many opportunities for independent research. See Undergraduate Research.
- Excellent laboratory facilities and equipment. See the facilities.
- Student Employment opportunities a laboratory assistant, sports medicine assistant, personal trainer, or strength and conditioning assistant.