Applying for Financial Aid is just a two-step process!
1. STEP ONE – The student and at least one parent should create an FSA ID.
2. STEP TWO – Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.gov, available in December.
Federal School Codes
- CSB (women) 002341
- SJU (men) 002379
FAFSA changes are coming for 2024-25!
For the 2024-25 academic year, families will experience a new-look FAFSA that will be shorter and easier to navigate. These changes are mandated by the FAFSA Simplification Act of 2021.
Many details are yet to be released by the U.S. Department of Education, but more information can be found on their website.
Please note: Families will be able to access the 2024-25 FAFSA application in December 2023, not October 2023. This is due to the additional time needed to implement the changes. More information will be shared as it becomes available.
We recognize that the FAFSA does not always provide a clear picture of your family’s financial situation. You may complete the CSB+SJU Special Circumstances Form to report family financial information that might impact your aid eligibility. Circumstances that may be considered include the following:
- Loss of employment
- Multiple children in college
- Other loss or significant change of income
- High unreimbursed medical and/or dental expenses
- K-12 parochial school tuition expenses
Please note that initiating a special circumstances request may result in your FAFSA being selected for verification.