The Idzerda Society, in honor of Dr. Stanley J Idzerda
The Idzerda Society recognizes donors who make a cumulative gift of $2,500 to $4,999 during the fiscal year (July 1-June 30).
Dr. Stanley J. Idzerda was the eighth president of the College of Saint Benedict and the first lay president of a women's college in Minnesota. He took office on July 1, 1968. Dr. Idzerda’s presidency saw record surges in enrollment as well as implementation to new programs, including Nursing, East Asian Studies, Physical Therapy, Liberal Studies and Individualized Majors that complemented the 29 already established majors. The first of many programs in place today were under the direction of the eighth (and the first male) president of the college. The first study abroad program occurred in the fall of 1972 to southern France. Summer classes began enrollment in the summer of 1973, and plans for employing student workers on campus began in 1973.
The Idzerda Society Benefits
The single most important benefit of membership in the Presidents' Circle is the satisfaction you receive from helping young women realize their dreams of a Saint Ben's education. This would not be possible without your investment. To thank and recognize all levels of giving, each society has a number of benefits.
As a member of the Idzerda Society, you will receive:
- Inside information about Saint Ben's through a bi-annual newsletter
- Online state-of-the college message and updates from the President's office
- Recognition in Annual Report and Honor Roll and at Saint Ben's events
- Invitations to exclusive college events
- Invitation to the Scholarship Mass and Brunch
- Potential to establish a named annual scholarship