CAMPUS ALERT: Due to the weather, all evening classes at CSB and SJU are canceled. The LINK bus will run on its regular schedule until 5 p.m. and then every hour on the hour for the remainder of the evening, weather permitting. Pre-scheduled campus and community events and college/university sponsored events scheduled at off campus locations may continue at the discretion of the divisional VP.
Seton Earth-Sheltered Apartments
Seton Apartments, 1981 and 2006 (click thumbnails for larger images)
Architect: Hamel, Green and Abrahamson, Inc., Minneapolis; Ted Butler, project architect
Contractor: Gohman Construction
- Nov. 11, 1981: Groundbreaking
- September 1982: Completed
- Oct. 8, 1982: Dedication and Blessing
- Germer, Jerry. “Earth-Sheltered Apartments: Student housing tucked into the Minnesota soil has had few problems, but energy performance lags expectations.” Solar Age, Dec. 1984, p. 20-22.
- Paur, Roman, OSB. Seton Earth-Sheltered Apartments, Oct. 8, 1982. Collegeville, MN: St. John’s University [press release].
- “St. John’s University; Seton Earth Sheltered, Passive Solar Apartments.” Pictorial: Concrete Masonry/Solar Architecture, vol. 40, no. 2, 1984, p. 6-7. Published by the National Concrete Masonry Association.
- “Underground Buildings Escape the Cold,” Builder, vo. 6, no. 8, August 1983, p. 68-69.