Architect: Rafferty Rafferty Tollefson Lindecke
Contractor: Donlar Construction
The Flynntown Apartments were completed in time for Fall 2009 occupancy. The three-story building includes 15 apartment units to house 58 students and an elevator. Most apartments will house four students, while a couple accessible apartments will house three students. Each apartment will have a kitchen, a living room, and two bathrooms and each resident will have a single bedroom. A community laundry room is in the basement, as well as small study and meeting nooks on each floor. Wireless internet is accessible throughout the building.
- "Coming to Flynntown in Fall 2009: Community Center and new Flynntown apartments!" The Record, 7 November 2008, p. 6.
- Flynntown (on the SJU Residential Life website, 2009)
- Flynntown Student Housing (on the SJU Physical Plant website, 2009)
- Ojeda, Julio. "Solar Housing Construction Begins Soon," The Record, 25 September 1981, p. 10.
- Toulouse, Mike. "Master Plan Causes Physical Changes on Campus," The Record, 18 September 1986, pp. 1,4.
- Flynn, Gabriel. "Housing Construction to Begin Next Fall," The Record, 12 February 1987, pp. 4-5.
- Mulrooney, Pat and Patrick Hicks. "Village Housing Slated for Flynntown," The Record, 19 September 1991, p. 1.
- Anderson, Aaron and Sherri Dinndorf. "Village Housing Underway," The Record, 21 November 1991, p. 1.
- Haggerty, Matthew. "Woe to You, SJU Housing: Hand-picking Policy Disservices Students," The Record, 2 May 1996, p. 14.
- Meyer, Carl. "Construction Gives St. John's New Look: Benet Hall Gets Face-Lift, St. Vincent Arrives," The Record, 12 September 1996, p. 1.