Mission and Goals
The Saint John's University Archives, founded in 1975, seek to collect, preserve and make available materials that illustrate the history and activities of the University, its members, and those whom the University served.
To fulfill this mission, the Archives strive:
- To appraise, organize, describe, and provide access to records of permanent administrative, legal, fiscal, and historical value;
- To provide facilities for the retention, preservation, servicing, and research of such records;
- To serve as a center for the scholarly study of the University's history by members of the University community and the scholarly community at large;
- To provide information services to help in the administration and operation of the University;
- To serve in a public relations capacity by promoting knowledge and understanding of the origins, programs, and goals of the University and their development; and
- To facilitate the efficient management of the recorded information produced by the units and offices of Saint John's University.