Winter Naturalist Series
Spruce up your naturalist skills this winter with Outdoor U!
Saturdays, Jan 16, 23, & 30 from 10:00-11:00 a.m.
- FREE - Outdoor U Members & CSB/SJU students
- $10/session - Nonmember household. Sign up for 3 sessions and receive a $5 discount!
- The beginning of each Saturday session will include a short kid/family/beginner activity to get us started.
- Any pre-recorded videos will be made available to registered participants 1 week before the Saturday event. The videos will be taken down 1 week after the event.
- Zoom links for each Saturday will be emailed the Friday before the event.
Saturday, January 16
Winter Tracks & Signs - with guest naturalist, Larry Weber
Pre-recording available Jan 9-23.
Features award winning naturalist and teacher Larry Weber sharing knowledge, photos, and stories about Minnesota critters that leave tracks in the snow. Watch a pre-recorded video on the topic at your convenience before attending the live Saturday Zoom Q&A.
Saturday, January 23
Ice Age Megafauna - with Kyle Rauch
Join Outdoor U for a virtual field tour of the fantastic and charismatic mega-mammals of Ice Age North America. Explore the Pleistocene and draw connections to current wildlife and ecosystems. Fun and interesting for the whole family. We’ll begin the program with a megafauna ID quiz to sharpen your field skills. We recommend using a computer for the Zoom presentation and a mobile device for participating in the ID quiz.
Saturday, January 30
Winter Tree ID - with John Geissler
Pre-recording available Jan 23-Feb 6.
Learn the tricks and tips to identifying native Minnesota trees and shrubs in winter. Watch a pre-recorded video on the topic at your convenience before attending the live Saturday Zoom Q&A.