Eligibility and Application Process
- Innovation Scholars is open to current CSB and SJU Juniors and Seniors only; in particular, those who meet a GPA requirement of 3.2 or above.
- Students with majors or interests in hysiology, business, market research, entrepreneurship, human factors, engineering, statistics, physics, and pre-allied health professionals may be given preference.
- Willingness to commit to approximately 150-160 hours of virtual and in-person work will occur between October and March.
- Willingness to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement.
Applicants should submit their online application by the September deadline. The application will ask for uploads of the following:
- Cover letter/personal statement that explicitly addresses the questions:
- Why do you want to participate in Innovation Scholars?
- This program is an interdisciplinary team research experience; we seek self-starters who can work independently, can collaborate well with others, possess strong communication skills, are tolerant of ambiguity, and are visionary/forward-thinking. Describe your ability to meet these qualifications.
- Copy of transcript.
- Information on other time commitments between October and March.
- Optional: Name of a faculty/staff reference that can discuss your research ability, work ethic, and communication.
For general questions about the program, students may contact Lindsey Gunnerson Gutsch at [email protected].
For helpful tips on writing responses for the cover letter, résumé writing, and interview techniques, please visit the XPD website
College of Saint Benedict
Saint John’s University
Lindsey Gunnerson Gutsch
Office of Undergraduate Research & Scholars
CSB Clemens A116