- Innovation Scholars is open to current CSB and SJU Juniors and Seniors only; in particular, those who meet a GPA requirement of 3.2 or above.
- Students with majors or interests in hysiology, business, market research, entrepreneurship, human factors, engineering, statistics, physics, and pre-allied health professionals may be given preference.
- Willingness to commit to approximately 150-160 hours of virtual and in-person work will occur between October and March.
- Willingness to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement.
Applicants should submit their online application by the September deadline. The application will ask for uploads of the following:
- Cover letter/personal statement that explicitly addresses the questions:
- Why do you want to participate in Innovation Scholars?
- This program is an interdisciplinary team research experience; we seek self-starters who can work independently, can collaborate well with others, possess strong communication skills, are tolerant of ambiguity, and are visionary/forward-thinking. Describe your ability to meet these qualifications.
- Copy of transcript.
- Information on other time commitments between October and March.
- Optional: Name of a faculty/staff reference that can discuss your research ability, work ethic, and communication.
For general questions about the program, students may contact Lindsey Gunnerson Gutsch at [email protected].
For helpful tips on writing responses for the cover letter, résumé writing, and interview techniques, please visit the XPD website