Global Business Leadership Department
CSB/SJU Students Win 1st Place in 2020 SAM Virtual competition!
Our CSB/SJU Society for the Advancement of Management Case Study Competition Team. McKenna Meyer, Paige Dobberstein, Margaret Kosir, Will Fischer, & Clarke Andrews were awarded first place at the case study presentation competition & second place in the written competition.
As we all know, these last few weeks have been challenging. Our team was schedule to present in Nashville this week, but like many activities, the conference moved online. The case study was on a retirement community in Florida called, The Villages. The judges were impressed by the students’ research, recommendations, and depth of analysis. The judges personally thanked our students for their positive attitudes during these difficult circumstances.
The CSB/SJU S.A.M. Case Research Team has now won first place six times in the last seven years! These students will be presenting on Scholarship and Creativity Day via Zoom if you would like to hear more about their experience.
For a more detailed story, click here! https://www.csbsju.edu/news/sam-team-2020
Overview of Programs
- Specific global focus preparing students to have an unparalleled set of skills and leadership qualities for the 21st century business world
- Yearlong cohort of business courses at sophomore level serve as a building block to prepare students with a global mindset
- Senior-level strategic analysis tools introduced in the sophomore year
- Diverse and international faculty with solid academic and corporate experiences
- National and international internship opportunities
- Juniors and seniors take upper level core classes in global business and seniors take a capstone advanced global strategy course
- Intense, semester-long applied team research projects and presentations
- Strong alumnae/i network across the globe
- Nationally recognized student leadership opportunities through such groups as Enactus, Case Study Competition Team (S.A.M.), Mayo Innovation Scholars Program and the Marketing Club (a collegiate chaper of the AMA)