FYX Peer Mentors
Each year, FYX identifies an exceptional group of junior and senior students to serve as mentors to our first year students. Our Peer Mentors primary goals are to provide guidance and mentorship to students and instructional support for faculty in one section of INTG 105: College Success Course.
Peer Mentors aim to foster a sense of belonging amongst their mentees, promote engagement in curricular and co-curricular campus life, articulate expectations of students, and help students continue to clarify their purpose, meaning and direction in their professional and personal lives. They do this through one-on-one meetings, facilitating in- and out-of-class activities, and attending INTG 105 alongside their mentees.
Why do our students become Peer Mentors?
- To develop meaningful relationships with younger Bennies and Johnnies.
- Access to unique professional development opportunities.
- Further develop an understanding of own their personal leadership style and goals.
- To share personal experience and provide guidance on resources that they found helpful as first-year students.
- Because they love what it means to be a student at CSBSJU!