Learn Bookmaking Skills
Develop editing, design and bookmaking skills through a Book Arts Minor and the Welle Book Arts Studio. Hear about Professor Cindy Malone’s book making experience.
Discover modern manuscript studies and intercultural studies of the book through the renowned Hill Museum and Manuscript Library.
Edit Studio One
Edit and publish Studio One, our student-run journal that publishes writing from around the country. Volume 43 was published Spring 2018. Volume 43 is viewable here.
Serve the community in the student-initiated Creative Cloud program and teach creative writing to children in the area. Hear what students previously involved said about their experience.
Write for The Record
Join CSB/SJU’s student-run award-winning newspaper, The Record, and have the opportunity to write articles and gain hands-on experience in newspaper editing and publishing.
Reasons to get involved:
- It allows you to become connected: College is full of resources, but the responsibility is on you to seek them out. Being involved helps you to do that.
- It helps you build a community: Since you are leaving family and sometimes friends at home, getting involved here helps you discover new friends with similar interests.
- It allows you to discover your passions and strengths: These will follow you all through life.
- It is a résumé builder: Getting involved will help you to begin thinking about positioning yourself for future employment.
- Sometimes, being busier is better: This varies by student, of course, but more free time does not always equate with better grades. Being involved requires some organization and time management on your part, which is oftentimes a good thing.
College of Saint Benedict
Saint John’s University
Chair, English Department
SJU Quad 355A