Faith Communities (FAC)
Inspired by our Catholic, Benedictine, and ecumenical heritage, the Faith Community Ministry team provides a variety of programs and events that foster spiritual and personal growth. The Benedictine Values are imbedded in our retreats, scripture study groups, prayer and reflection groups and faith formation events. We strive to create open dialogue with people of all faiths and backgrounds fostering deeper understanding as we explore the strengths of our common values and the richness of our differences.
- "Bread and Night Blessings has definitely shown me how important it is to reflect on your day and how calming it is to pray"
-Bread and Night Blessings participant 2018
Fall 2018 Faith Communities Team
Liz Olson, Jenna Stott, Carlee Biechler, Sr. Sharon Nohner, Evelyn Perez, Hannah Santiago,
Michelle Martinez, (Not Shown- Magen Langer)
Upcoming Faith Communites Events:
Our programming includes:
- Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) and catechism coordinated by Sister Sharon Nohner, OSB, Director of CSB Campus Ministry
- Eucharistic Adoration
Hispanic Minstry Team 2018
Michelle Martinez, Hannah Santiago, Mary Kolasa, S.Sharon Nohner, Tony Arellano, Evelyn Perez, Danice Martinez and Angelica Reyes
We offer a variety of retreats designed to bring students together to grow spiritually as a community and as individuals. Click here to learn more about the retreats we offer.
Reflection, Prayer, and Spiritual Growth
We provide various opportunities for prayer and reflection all over campus.
- Daily Prayer during Advent in Mary Commons
- Daily Prayer during Lent in Mary Commons
- Candlelight Stations of the Cross, 2 Thursday's during Lent
- Bread and Night Blessings in the First Year and Sophomore Residence Halls at the College of St. Benedict
Interfaith and Ecumenical Fellowship:
- Feast of St. Benedict
- Week of Prayer for Christian Unity
- Authenticity & You Series-- features 2 programs per semester surrounding the topics of love, relationships, staying authentic and spirituality in our lives.