Dr. Mary Hinton
Dr. Mary Hinton; 2014 (Click on thumbnail for larger image)
Fueled by her interest in combining a spiritual outlook with an energetic liberal arts education, Dr. Mary Dana Hinton pursued and gained professional experience on Catholic college campuses. She has personal experience with the benefits of a women's Catholic collegiate education. From her high school days at St. Mary's in Raleigh, North Carolina to her college education at Williams College in Williamstown, Massachusetts where she earned a B.A. in psychology. Hinton pursued a Master's of Arts degree in clinical child psychology at the University of Kansas, Lawrence. Later she earned a Ph. D. in religion and religious education with high honors from Fordham University. Hinton has held a variety of administrative positions at many Catholic colleges throughout her career, including associate vice president of academic affairs and diversity officer at Misericordia College in Dallas, Pennsylvania. Just prior to her selection as president of CSB, Hinton was the vice president of academic affairs at Mount Saint Mary College in Newburgh, New York where she demonstrated leadership in academic affairs, enrollment management, planning assessment, institutional research, and student affairs. As CSB's 15th president, Dr. Mary Hinton will lead CSB into its second century as a nationally celebrated Benedictine women's college.
For more on Mary Hinton:
- Office of the President webpage
- Carey, Molly. "CSB Presidential candidates named," The Record, February 21, 2014, p. 1, 6.
- "College of Saint Benedict names Mary Hinton at 15th president: Hinton will lead the college into its second century," CSB Press Release, March 19, 2014.
- Tucker, Adam. "Mary Hinton named next CSB President," The Record, March 21, 2014, p. 1, 6.
- "A Letter from Mary Hinton: Incoming president Mary Hinton sends a letter to MaryAnn Baenninger, CSB's outgoing president," The Record, May 2, 2014, p. 10.
- "CSB President Mary Dana Hinton's inauguration set for Sept. 21," CSB/SJU Community Newsroom, August 28, 2014.
- Ober, Sarah. "Hinton's arrival a seamless transition," The Record, September 12, 2014, p. 1, 6.
- Quinones, Christine. "CSB inaugurates fifteenth president," The Record, September 26, 2014. p. 1, 6.
- "CSB president to receive Bicentennial Medal Sept. 16 from Williams College," CSB/SJU Community Newsroom, August 15, 2017.
Special thanks to Meghan Flannery '15 for drafting this text.