College of Saint Benedict Archives
The College of Saint Benedict Archives collects the records of the College, 1961 to present. See Saint Benedict's Monastery Archives for the earlier college records, 1913-1961.*
- About the Archives
- Hours, location, mission and goals, staff, contact information and policies can be found in this section.
- CSB History
- Historical information such as lists of administrators, awards, buildings, commencements, and early students as well as digitized publications and a PowerPoint presentation on St. Ben's and its relationship with Saint John's University. Walking tours of the CSB campus, statues, and natural history have been prepared in honor of the Centennial celebration. They are available for download on an iPhone or Android device.
- Digital Archives
- Many resources are available digitally and don't require a visit to the Archives. Explore the digital holdings of the archives here.
- Finding Aids and Inventory
- A list of items cataloged in the Archives and a directory of Finding Aids. Check here for details on the Archives' print resources.
- Photos & Maps
- Aerial photos, campus maps and other photos from the collection.
- Digitized publications by/about St. Benedict's (except for the Student Newspapers, below). Some include the full text, others just the tables of contents.
- Student Newspapers
- SJU & CSB student newspapers, online and searchable (back to 1965 for CSB and to 1888 for SJU).
- Special Collections:
- The Joe O'Connell Collection
- Joe O'Connell was a sculptor, print maker, photographer, artist-in-residence and teacher at CSB/SJU from 1962-1995.
- The Margret Dietz Collection
- Margret Dietz was a dancer, choreographer and dance instructor. She taught summer courses in dance at the College of Saint Benedict in the 1970s.
- A timeline of significant events in the history of SJU and CSB. Browseable by campus (SJU/CSB/Joint) and topic, with links to in-depth information. NOTE: This is a work in progress!
* In 1961 the College was separately incorporated from the Convent/Monastery. Some pre-1961 information can be found in the CSB College Archives, such as alumnae reports and minutes of meetings dating back to the 1930's, '40's and '50's, and yearbooks (Facula) dating back to the 1940's.