Chemistry Major & Minor
Check out these links that illustrate the opportunities in our department which provides a chemistry program approved by the American Chemical Society:
- 2017 Senior Research Presentations
- 2020 CSB/SJU Chemistry Awards
- Hear from some of our students
- Read about one of our recent grads
- View our most recent and past department newsletter, the Cavendish Chronicles, with information about our faculty, students, and alums
- Since 2010, the CSB/SJU Chemistry Department has received almost $1.3 million in funding from the National Science Foundation to support instrument acquisition, scholarships for underrepresented students, curriculum revision, and research!
- With the help of a $200,000 Transforming Undergraduate Education in the Sciences grant from the National Science Fondation, we are deploying a brand new and transformative chemistry curriculum with courses that integrate the five subdiscplines of chemistry (analytical, inorganic, organic, and physical chemistry as well as biochemistry).
- Our diverse faculty mentor students in undergraduate research project in areas such as nanoparticles, medicinal chemistry, synthetic organic or inorganic chemistry, and biochemistry.
- Our chemistry department ranked 16th out of 914 liberal arts institutions for graduates who have gone on to receive their Ph.D. in chemistry.
- Peterson's Top Colleges for Science lists our science and math programs among the best in the nation.
The number of Chemistry Major's graduating certified by the American Chemistry Society has grown with our new curriculum!