It's all about building connections ...
Between molecules, between students and faculty, between your passion for science and the knowledge that will help you reach your goals. Check out these links that illustrate the opportunities in our department
- 2014 Senior Research Presentations
- 2014 CSB/SJU Chemistry Awards
- View our most recent and past department newsletter, the Cavendish Chronicles, with information about our faculty, students, and alums
- Since 2010, the CSB/SJU Chemistry Department has received almost $1.3 million in funding from the National Science Foundation to support instrument acquisition, scholarships for underrepresented students, curriculum revision, and research!
- With the help of a $200,000 Transforming Undergraduate Education in the Sciences grant from the National Science Fondation, we are deploying a brand new and transformative chemistry curriculum with courses that integrate the five subdiscplines of chemistry (analytical, inorganic, organic, and physical chemistry as well as biochemistry).
- Our diverse faculty mentor students in undergraduate research project in areas such as nanoparticles, medicinal chemistry, synthetic organic or inorganic chemistry, and biochemistry.
- Our chemistry department ranked 16th out of 914 liberal arts institutions for graduates who have gone on to receive their Ph.D. in chemistry.
- Peterson's Top Colleges for Science lists our science and math programs among the best in the nation.
Just Out (3/15): An article in Chemistry and Engineering News on our new curriculum!
Dr. Annette Raigoza as received the MFESTS (MN Federation of Engineering, Science and Technology Societies) Young Science and Technology Professional of the Year Award for 2015! This award is designed to recognize outstanding achievements by science or technology professional who is less than 35 years of age.
Check out our recent paper on our new curriculum based on the foundational chemistry topics of structure, reactivity, and quantitation in the Journal of Chemical Education
Dr. Kate Graham has been awarded the 2014 Robert L. Spaeth Teacher of Distinction Award for SJU faculty. Drs. Ed McIntee and Chris Schaller earned the Sister Mary Grell Award for CSB faculty in 2012 and 2013.