No matter your interests— vocal or instrumental, jazz or classical—we have opportunities that will let you stretch yourself musically. We have the facilities, the environment and the community to support your musical interests. Our philosophy is "Find Your Music Within."
Music Exploration Day
April 10, 2015
An invitation to and opportunity for interested high school students to explore the many opportunities we offer in music, hear our student performers, see our extraordinary facilities, and meet our music faculty. Click here for more information.
Senior & Junior Recital: Rachel Boerner, Soprano & Thomas Friebe, Baritone
March 29, 2015, 4:00 PM, Stephen B. Humphrey Theater
April 8, 2015, 6:30 PM, BAC Room A109
Still I Rise: Fundraiser for Anna Marie's Alliance
CSB Women's Choir, CSS Women's Choir, University of Northwestern - St. Paul Women's Choir, UST Women's Choir, & SCSU Women's Choir
April 11, 2015, 3:30 PM, Escher Auditorium
Women's Choir Concert
April 12, 2015, 2:00 PM, Sacred Heart Chapel
Goldberg Variations Performance Project
April 12, 2015, 4:00 PM, Stephen B. Humphrey Theater
Percussion Ensemble Concert
April 13, 2015, 7:30 PM, Escher Auditiorium
Jazz Ensemble & Jazz Combos Concerts
April 15, 2015, 7:30 PM, Escher Auditorium
**All performances marked with an asterisk are ticketed events. Tickets can be purchased through the Box Office: (320) 363 - 5777**
Overview of Program
- Accredited in 1992 by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).
- Outstanding musical facilities, including one of the finest performing halls in the Midwest, several recital halls, an electronic music laboratory, numerous practice rooms on both campuses and an excellent music library.
- Students perform in professional concert spaces.
- The CSB/SJU music ensembles tour regularly around the United States and the world.
- Faculty members are highly credentialed, active, practicing musicians.
- Through a decades-old partnership, the Minnesota Orchestra performs one time each year at the CSB Benedicta Arts Center.
- More than half of our students are involved in one of our music programs or ensembles.
Peter Rothstein's '88 words of advice: "Do what you love. Your life will be ultimately richer because you live your passion." Not only is this his advice, but his life motto. Read more.
"A day without music is like a black and white sunset." Read how Heidi Wolak-Faber '97 continues to fill her days with music more than 10 years after graduating.
Kraig Windschitl, a 2000 graduate says: "I wanted the sacred, historical, and performance aspects of music study. This was the perfect place for it." Read more about Kraig.
Dr. Brian Campbell
College of Saint Benedict
Saint John's University