Make work fun and interesting!
What is the Outdoor Leadership Center?
- Plan, market and attend outdoor events including the annual triathlon and Eco-Challenge
- Assist with daily office needs
- Check out and check in equipment
- Stop at the OLC for a complete list of the associate job description
- Provide experimental learning for customers through outdoor programming and the rental of outdoor equipment.
- Introduce clients to new areas of interest in the great outdoors.
- Provide alternative leadership opportunities and encourage socially responsible life skills.
At the Outdoor Leadership Center, we look for creative and outgoing CSB/SJU students who have an outstanding work ethic and an ability to effectively work with clients and coworkers. The Outdoor Leadership Center is more than a rental store and events planner, it is a student-run non-profit organization with all of the aspects of a real-world business.
Some of the skills we look for are:
- Outdoor experience and an appreciation for the outdoors
- Ability to work with people
- Creative approaches to business challenges
- Strong programming skills