Find your music within
Our Music Department offers opportunities to student musicians across all disciplines — taught by exceptional faculty in world-class facilities. Together, we prepare dynamic leaders for the modern musical community.
Music is for everyone — not just Majors!
Music Department News
The CSB SJU Music Department is honored to be selected as Site Hosts for the 2021 All-State Orchestra and All-State Choir Festivals!
High school musicians from across the state of Minnesota will gather on our two campuses to partake in a festival experience to celebrate being selected to perform in the 2020-2021 MMEA All-State Orchestra or All-State Choir. These students will be able to form connections with other student musicians from Minnesota, as well as explore their musical abilities in a positive environment throughout the week-long camps.
The Music Department is excited to welcome our new Choral Director, Dr. Bradley Miller, for Fall 2021!
Dr. Bradley (Brad) Miller will be conducting the CSB/SJU Chamber Choir and SJU Men's Chorus, leading the artistic team for the annual Celebrating the Season [Christmas at Saint John's], teaching choral conducting and other related courses!
Overview of Program
- Music Major with concentrations in Music Education (Instrumental or Vocal), Performance, Composition, Liturgical Music, and Music Studies
- Outstanding musical facilities for performance and pedagogy
- Excellent music library collection
- Successful graduates
- Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
- Outstanding faculty of practicing musicians.
- Student ensembles tour nationally and internationally.
- Many opportunities to double major.
- Workshops in popular music topics such as song writing and composing for video games.
- A quarter of all CSB/SJU students are in music classes or ensembles each semester.