No matter your interests— vocal or instrumental, jazz or classical—we have opportunities that will let you stretch yourself musically. We have the facilities, the environment and the community to support your musical interests. Our philosophy is "Find Your Music Within."
Choral Arts Bon Voyage Concert
May 1, 2015, 8:00 PM, Abbey Church
Freshman Recital: River McNabb, Piano
May 2, 2015, 10:00 PM, Choral Rehearsal Room (SJU MU 028)
First Year Recital: Audrey Kristufek, Piano
May 2, 2015, 2:00 PM, Choral Rehearsal Room (SJU MU 028)
Senior Recital: Yuntian Deng, Piano
May 2, 2015, 4:00 PM, Stephen B. Humphrey
May 3, 2015, 2:00 PM, Escher Auditorium
**All performances marked with an asterisk are ticketed events. Tickets can be purchased through the Box Office: (320) 363 - 5777**
Overview of Program
- Accredited in 1992 by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).
- Outstanding musical facilities, including one of the finest performing halls in the Midwest, several recital halls, an electronic music laboratory, numerous practice rooms on both campuses and an excellent music library.
- Students perform in professional concert spaces.
- The CSB/SJU music ensembles tour regularly around the United States and the world.
- Faculty members are highly credentialed, active, practicing musicians.
- Through a decades-old partnership, the Minnesota Orchestra performs one time each year at the CSB Benedicta Arts Center.
- More than half of our students are involved in one of our music programs or ensembles.
Peter Rothstein's '88 words of advice: "Do what you love. Your life will be ultimately richer because you live your passion." Not only is this his advice, but his life motto. Read more.
"A day without music is like a black and white sunset." Read how Heidi Wolak-Faber '97 continues to fill her days with music more than 10 years after graduating.
Kraig Windschitl, a 2000 graduate says: "I wanted the sacred, historical, and performance aspects of music study. This was the perfect place for it." Read more about Kraig.
Dr. Brian Campbell
College of Saint Benedict
Saint John's University