The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs offers education benefit to qualifying veterans or their dependents. To learn about these benefits, please visit the Department’s website: https://www.va.gov/education/
- Saint Ben’s and Saint John’s are participants in the Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33) and the Yellow Ribbon Program. We are a 50% Yellow Ribbon Program participant. This means that if you are 100% eligible and have received the national maximum tuition and fees through the Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33) during the academic year, the VA and CSB+SJU will cover the remainder of your tuition and fees through the Yellow Ribbon Program for that academic year. The VA will cover half of your tuition and fees and CSB+SJU will cover the other half.
- The CSB+SJU portion will be covered through your institutional merit scholarship or grant which will be reallocated to accommodate the benefit and renamed “CSB+SJU Yellow Ribbon Match”.
- Students who receive a monthly housing stipend from the VA will be expected to apply those funds to their on-campus housing charge.
The VA Web site defines eligibility for the program as follows:
- You served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 36 months.
- You were honorably discharged from active duty for a service connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001.
- You are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill® based on a veteran service under the eligibility criteria listed above.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
If you are interested in this program and have questions, please contact Robert Piechota at 320-363-2189 or email [email protected].