SJU Residential Life and Housing
Off-Campus Release Process for 2015-2016
The private, Benedictine, residential, liberal arts identity of Saint John's University is such that we are providing an overall experience which includes a centrally important community living component. Saint John's students are required to live on campus unless they are granted permission from Residential Life and Housing to live at home (with parents) or off campus (during their junior and senior year).
The Residency Requirement Exemption Committee will determine, based on specific criteria, which students will be granted an exemption to live off campus. There are many factors that go into the committee deciding whether or not to allow a student to be released from this requirement. These factors may include, but are not limited to:
- Class standing
- Students doing internships, clinical or student teaching a reasonable distance from Saint John's
- Judicial incidents
- Students who live within 20 miles and are planning to stay at home with their guardians
- Age (students over the age of 23 are more likely to be allowed to live off campus)
- Students who are married or are custodial parents
- Military service veteran status
There are some immediate criteria for denial of requests for off campus living. These criteria include, but are not limited to:
- Academic probation
- Student conduct probation
- Cumulative GPA lower that 2.5
All requests for the 2015-2016 academic year are due by Wednesday, October 15, 2014.
- Residency Exemption Request Form - Available September 1 through the Student Housing Portal.
Residential Life & Housing
Sexton Commons 210
Saint John's University
Collegeville, MN 56321