Volunteer Roles and Expectations
College of Saint Benedict and Saint John’s University
Office of Experience & Professional Development
Position Title: Community Kitchen Volunteer
Primary Contact: Community Kitchen Leadership Team [email protected] (320) 363-5256
Purpose of Position: Serve the Stearns County community through a collaborative program that works to reduce food insecurity and food waste.
- Help deliver, set up, and serve a freshly prepared meal at one of Community Kitchen’s service sites.
- Share a meal and conversation alongside the community served.
- Must be passionate about Community Kitchen’s mission to reduce hunger and food waste.
- No formal training required.
- 1 to 1.5 hours per shift.
- Skill development in areas of teamwork and communication.
- Make connections with people and organizations within the community.
- Learn more about the intersection between nutrition and social justice.
College of Saint Benedict Expectations:
- Act as ambassadors of CSB/SJU on and off campus.
- Participate fully in the execution of your volunteer assignment.
- If unable to fulfill your volunteer duties, notify Community Kitchen staff as soon as possible. Repeated instances in which a volunteer fails to arrive punctually to volunteer shifts, or repeated instances in which a volunteer commits to volunteer shifts and subsequently cancels, may result in the denial of their participation in future Community Kitchen programs.