St. John's University Residence Halls/Apartments will close for the academic year on Friday May 12 at 8pm. All non-graduating seniors are required to vacate their residence by 8pm on Friday May 12. Gradauting Seniors can stay until Monday May 15 at noon. All gradauting seniors are required to vacate their residence by noon on Monday May 15. Students are required to submit and extended stay request if they intend to stay on campus after closing. Typically, only student employees, international students, out of state students, on-campus student employees, student athletes, and academic related reasons are granted an extended stay beyond closing. All other cases are approved on a case by case basis.
The last day to submit an extended stay request is Wednesday May 3, 2017. If you submit a request after the deadline, we will assess you a $25 late request fee.
Extended Stay/Break Policy
All CSB/SJU student guests are allowed to visit from 9 a.m. - 10 p.m. daily during all break periods. All non-CSB/SJU guests are not permitted during all break periods.
Senior Majority Apartment Selection - 6-person Apartments in Vincent Court, Placid House and, Maur House.
Group Formation Form: The Group Formation/Roommate selection page will be disabled from March 30 at 11:59 pm through April 6 at 8 pm. The form will go live again on April 6 for students who did not get a 6 person apartment to reconfigure into 4 person groups. The Group Formation/Roommate form will be turned off on Friday April 7 at 11:59 pm in preparation for the Tuesday April 11, 4-person housing selection night.
Part 1: Senior Majority Apartment Selection - 4-person Apartments in Vincent Court, Flynntown Apartments, Placid House, and Maur House
Part 2: General 4-person Apartment Selection - Metten Court, Seton Apartments, Virgil Michel House and all remaining apartments from Part 1.
Group Formation Form: The Group Formation/Roommate selection page will go live again on Saturday April 15, to allow students the opportunity to form other roommate matchings in preparation for the Tuesday April 18 room selection for single rooms, single apartments, double rooms, 2-person apartments, and triple rooms.
JR/SR General Selection - single rooms, single apartments, double rooms, 2-person apartments, and triple rooms
Group Formation Form: The Group Formation/Roommate selection page will be live through April 21 for rising sophomores to form roommate pairs for Sophomore General Selection on Thursday April 20.
Sophomore General Selection - Double rooms and all remaining singles and triples
10) One of your potential roommates drops out at the last minute and it breaks up your group.
9) Missing your room selection time.
8) Waiting until the last minute to form your group.
7) You have the wrong group size confirmed for the unit you are attempting to get. For example, you need 6 people in a group to select a 6 person apartment.
6) When attempting to get into the Flynntown Apartments, Placid-Maur, or Vincent Ct you have a rising sophomore (D1 or D2 cohort rating) in your group.
5) When attempting to get into senior majority housing the group is NOT mostly seniors. (You need at least 4 seniors in a 6-person apartment and 3 seniors in a 4-person apartment)
4) At least one group member has unconfirmed roommates.
3) At least one group member did not complete the Fall Housing Intent Form on time, if at all.
2) At least one group member has not registered for classes at least 24 hours prior to room selection.
1) There is a limited amount of apartment space on-campus.