2021-22 Honors Scholars Faculty:
- Dr. Beth Wengler, Professor, History and Director, Honors Scholars Program
- Dr. Emily Esch, Professor, Philosophy and Associate Director, Honors Scholars Program
- Dr. Robert Campbell, Associate Professor, Mathematics
- Prof. Amelia Cheever, Associate Professor, Theatre
- Dr. Ted Gordon, Visiting Assistant Professor, Integrations Curriculum
- Dr. Kelly Kraemer, Professor, Peace Studies
- Dr. William Lamberts, Professor, Biology
- Dr. Rachel Marston, Associate Professor, English
- Dr. Anna Mercedes, Associate Professor, Theology
- Dr. Brittany Merritt Nash, Visiting Assistant Professor, History
- Dr. Jonathan Merritt Nash, Associate Professor, History
- Dr. Sucharita Mukherjee, Professor, Economics
- Dr. Erica Stonestreet, Associate Professor, Philosophy
- Dr. Laura Taylor, Associate Professor, Theology
- Dr. Christina Tourino, Associate Professor, English
Are you interested in becoming an Honors Scholars Faculty Fellow?
Honors Scholars Fellows make a three-year commitment during which each fellow will teach their Honors course at least twice, evaluate prospective students’ applications to the Honors Scholars program at least once, participate in program assessment, attend at least one Honors co-curricular event per semester, participate in a yearly May workshop for all faculty fellows, and form working groups for the course of which they teach a section. It is a significant service commitment; the Honors Director will provide letters of support for the tenure and promotion files of Honors Fellows to recognize their service. The Director applies for funding from the FDRC to support summer working groups.
A call for course proposals goes out in February for courses for which we currently have need.
Please see an overview of the Honors Scholars Courses we offer.
Note: All Honors Scholars courses are part of the Integrations Curriculum. Themed courses must use the Truth theme. You may also wish to consult the IC Curriculum descriptions for the equivalent course and shared learning goals. Adopted courses will be required to apply for GECC approval before they are scheduled and on the GECC’s timeline.
Please contact Beth Wengler, Honors Scholars Director, or Emily Esch, Honors Scholars Associate Director, with any questions.
College of Saint Benedict
Saint John’s University
Dr. Beth Wengler
Director, Honors Scholars
Professor of History
CSB Richarda N7
Dr. Emily Esch
Associate Director, Honors Scholars
Professor of Philosophy
SJU Quad 362G