Course Proposal Forms & Teaching Guidelines
Integrations Curriculum Overview and How to Apply for Designations
For information or questions, please email General Ed Curriculum.
Emily Berg Paup, co-chair, Summer and Fall 2022
Pedro dos Santos, co-chair, AY 22-23
Bruce Campbell, co-chair, Spring 2023
IC Application Deadlines:
- Sept. 5, 2022: For existing courses seeking to add IC designations that will be offered in the SPRING 2023, including but not limited to already approved courses seeking to transition from a TE to a TF.
- Oct. 14, 2022 – For courses seeking to add IC designations that will be offered in the FALL 2023.
- Nov. 14, 2022 - For INTG 300 sections and courses looking to add a WRIT that will be offered in the Fall of 2023
- Feb. 17, 2023 – For courses that seek to add IC designations that will be offered in the SPRING 2024.
- Note on deadlines:
- Due to the volume of proposals, please submit proposals to the GECC as soon as you can.
- The GECC will continue to review proposals on a rolling basis and will do their best to accommodate course designation requests throughout the semester, including applications submitted post-deadlines.
- The GECC can consider course designation requests for courses that are ongoing on a case by case basis. Once a course has been graded, designations cannot be reto-actively added.
Notes on Application Submissions:
- If you are submitting IC designation applications for a new course (a course that has not been offered previously), please also fill out a New Course Proposal Form.
- When completing a course proposal form, please consider that your proposal will be read by faculty from a variety of disciplines. Please tailor your answers to an audience that is likely from outside your discipline.
- Please submit your course proposal by filling out the Forms Manager form at the links below. For each designation, there is also a Microsoft Word version of the proposal form provided to aid in drafting the course proposal (please do NOT submit the Word version - it is for personal use only).
Ways of Thinking
- Abstract Structures_ Way of Thinking
- Artistic Expression_ Way of Thinking
- Human Experience_ Way of Thinking
- Natural World_ Way of Thinking
- Social World_ Way of Thinking
- Thematic Encounter to Thematic Focus Transition form
- Thematic Encounter form
- Thematic Focus form
- INTG 100 Learning Foundations form
- INTG 205 Transfer Seminar form
- INTG 300 Learning Integrations form
Cultural and Social Difference
Note: All faculty teaching a class with this designation must submit an individual proposal.
- Cultural and Social Difference: Identity Form (CI)
- Cultural and Social Difference: Systems form (CS)
- THEO 100 Theological Explorations form (TE)
- Theological Integrations form (TI)
- Engagement Guidelines
- ARTE form
- EXP form
- GLO form
- Benedictine Raven Course Proposal (BN)
- Quantitative Reasoning form (QR)
CSB MaryC 225 – 320-363-5401
SJU Quad 141 – 320-363-3147
Email [email protected]
SJU Quad 362D/451
Email [email protected]