Integrative Science Major
The integrative science major is designed for students with a broader interest in the areas of science. The major is especially helpful for students interested in pursuing careers in:
- Environmental science
- Industrial research
- Health professions
- Public Health
Unique to our major is the chance for students to integrate their multiple scientific interests at various integration points: one at the sophomore year, junior year, and senior year by participation in the capstone.
- Integration Points: Interdisciplinary courses held during the sophomore, junior, and senior year; student learning outcomes for the major are assessed. These include competencies in Literacy (quantitative and qualitative), Communication, Inquiry, and Integration.
- Learning Outcomes scaffolded throughout the major:
- Students will identify, locate, evaluate, and effectively and responsibly use quantitative and conceptual information to share scientifically related information. (LITERACY)
- Students will use oral and written communication to purposefully and effectively convey scientific information. (COMMUNICATION)
- Students will effectively use the scientific process to evaluate methodology and original data to synthesize a conclusion based on this evaluation and in the context of disciplinary theories and the scholarly literature. (INQUIRY)
- Students will effectively synthesize concepts, scientific processes, and/or theories from at least two scientific disciplines to help understand and/or solve a scientific question or problem. (INTEGRATION)