Frequently Asked Questions

Basic Information


Administrative Information

Safety Information




How do I place a maintenance request?

Fill out a maintenance request form online. Maintenance requests commonly address these issues:

  • Appliance Repair
  • Carpentry
  • Copier trouble
  • Courier
  • Custodial
  • Furniture Repair
  • General Maintenance
  • Grounds
  • Heating/ Ventilation/ Air Conditioning
  • Key and Lock
  • Parking
  • Pest Control
  • Plumbing
  • Pool
  • Refrigeration
  • Security
  • Transportation (Bus/ Van)
  • Vehicle Maintenance
  • Welding
How do I schedule and plan an event on campus?

Visit the Events and Conferences webpage and fill out an inquiry form.

Who do I call when my computer network connection is not working?

Contact Information Technology Services (IT Services) at x2228 or [email protected]. For more information, visit the IT Services Help webpage.

Who do I call when I have telephone trouble?

Contact the Telecommunications office at x5566 at CSB or x3482 at SJU. For more information, visit the Telecommunications website.

How do I arrange for package delivery on campus?

Faculty/Staff: Have packages addressed to: Your Name, Department, Building, 37 College Ave S St Joseph, MN 56374 Please note: individual packages should not exceed 50 lbs in weight. Give a 24 hour notice for same day requests. Regular mail and intercampus envelopes should be placed in your department's outgoing campus mail box for processing by CSB mail services. If you have any questions, please contact Andrew Deuhs at x5615 or [email protected]

Students: Have packages addressed to: Your Name, College of St Benedict, your PO box#, 37 College Ave S St Joseph, MN 56374 All student packages will be delivered to the Mary Commons student post office. This addressing format helps separate college mail from St. Joseph community mail.

Who do I call when I am locked out of my building/office/residence hall?

Contact Security at x5000. Security will contact a locksmith if necessary.

How do I order copier and fax paper?

Contact the one of the duplicating offices. Call x5072 to reach the main building office, x5408 for the office in the HAB. For other office supplies, contact the purchasing coordinator at x5512.

How do I arrange an office move?

Contact the Facilities Management Office at x5985.

Who do I call for restroom supplies (toilet paper, soap, paper towels) in academic buildings?

Contact Custodial and Maintenance Services at x5944 or for more information.

Who do I contact in case of an emergency?

The Department of Security can be contacted 24/7 at x5000 and St. John's Life Safety Services can be reached at x2144. Facilities management personnel can be contacted after hours if necessary.

Where do I report a safety issue?

Contact Security at x5000. For maintenance related issues, fill out a maintenance request form online at Maintenance Request-Work Order or for health related issues, contact Environmental, Health and Safety at x3267.

How do I dispose of hazardous waste (chemicals, batteries, propane cylinders)?

Contact Ganard Orionzi of the Environmental, Health, and Safety Department at x3267 or by email at [email protected] to find out information about disposing of hazardous waste and universal waste.

Where can I store my bicycle?

Contact Security at x5000 to store bicycles in the basement of Richarda Hall.

Who do I call to cut my bike lock?

Contact Security at x5000.

How do I rent a college vehicle?

Contact Security at x5000 to request a vehicle. For more information, see the College of Saint Benedict Motor Pool Regulations found on the CSB Security webpage.

Who do I call if I have car trouble?

Contact Security at x5000 to have them help assist you with your vehicle.

Where can I park my vehicle?

Contact Security at x5000 to receive a parking permit and regulations handbook. All community members must park in their designated parking lot(s). For more information, visit the Security webpage to view the CSB/SJU Parking and Traffic Management Information.