All Tickets: $10 and $7 except as noted below. Call (320) 363-5777 or Purchase Tickets (on sale late August)
Miss Julie by August Strindberg, directed by Adam Houghton
October 15-17 at 7:30 pm, October 18 at 2:00 pm, and October 22-24 at 7:30 pm
The Country Wife by William Wycherley
Directed by Kaarin Johnston
November 12-15 and November 19-21, 2015
The Laramie Project by Moisés Kaufman, directed by Kaarin Johnston
March 3-6 and March 10-12, 2016
Urinetown by Greg Kotis, directed by Adam Houghton
April 7-9 at 7:30 pm, April 10 at 2:00 pm, and April 14-16 at 7:30 pm
Tickets for this musical are $10 and $15
What is new you ask?
CSB/SJU Theater Minor has been approved. Check it out
Overview of Program
The Theater Major Includes:
- Classes in acting, theater history, dramatic literature, costuming and technical theater.
- The opportunity to specialize in one of the areas that most interests you.
- Four full-length productions every year.
Theater Scholarship Recipient Requirements:
- Theater Scholarship Application (To be considered for these scholarships, students must apply and be accepted for admission.)
- $1000 Award Recipients: Each academic year, to take a 2-or-more credit theater course or participate (for 240/340 credit) in productions offered by the CSB/SJU Theater Department.
- $1500-$4000 Award Recipients: Each semester, to take a 2-or-more-credit theater course or participate (for 240/340 credit) in productions offered by the CSB/SJU Theater Department.
- Participation in the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival.
- The theater faculty includes specialists in all major areas of theater, and all directors of productions are full-time faculty members.
- Collaboration with the CSB/SJU Fine Arts Programming exposes our students to theater professionals and great productions from all over the country.
- The department stages four major productions each year.
- "if you want to do it all in the theater, then you should do theater at The College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University... it is an incredibly immersive, nurturing and well rounded experience for the young artist" - Jon Ferguson (guest director fall 2014)